About the Job
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America’s leading retailers.
Fueling the continued success of one of the world’s most beloved and recognized brands is a distinctly capable, creative and innovative Marketing organization. Target Marketing is well known for inspiring and surprising guests, and we pride ourselves on connecting them to the products and experiences they expect and deserve from Target. We study our guests to discover new needs and insights, and then craft every interaction to build brand love. We are market experts who insist on a clear and cohesive understanding of our business objectives, guest segments and behaviors, strategies and tactics, overcoming obstacles and measuring success. Our commitment to partnering both internally and with external agencies gives us a wide range of capabilities, from award-winning creative work to exciting and unique promotional marketing. Leveraging our collective assets and fostering a healthy, supportive and open team culture, we deliver a holistically gratifying experience that guests can only get at Target.
As a Strategic Planning Lead, you’ll be a driving force in Target’s Loyalty, Guest Data, and Analytics & Insights team by owning the ongoing ‘manage & adjust’ for the collective annual strategic and operational plan.
- Support strategy & priority development that unifies Loyalty, Guest Data, Analytics & Insights
- Lead ongoing strategy and product prioritization & alignment; reconcile existing commitments with emerging priorities
- Orchestrate appropriate deliverable sequencing; balance business needs alongside resourcing and capacity
- Identify constraints, risks, misalignment and roadblocks; lead teams through appropriate action planning and accountability
- Bring others along; build productive stakeholder engagement; leverage effective change management practices
- Own select internal routines and communication that drive efficiency, alignment and integration
- Represent key priorities in select cross-enterprise forums and communication
- Translate strategy to action by developing tools, templates, processes, and communication
- Work alongside your director to support executive governance and team culture as needed
- Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Strategic thinker with an ability to generate ideas and connect the ideas of others
- Proven track record of translating and bringing strategy to action
- Interpret and synthesize data into actionable insights that enhance decision making
- Works quickly with a high level of organization
- Clear communication style both in written and verbal forms
- Proactive, ambitious and highly accountable to the work and team
- Comfortable with ambiguity and working through complex problems with a positive attitude
- Forward thinker that can operate a step or two ahead of others to anticipate needs
- Driven by leading groups of people to desired outcomes through strong facilitation
- Capability to effectively build relationships, influence and hold people accountable at varying levels and across enterprise teams; truly a trusted partner
- Ability to stay objective and calm in the face of complexity and opposing viewpoints
- Openly solicit feedback to continuously improve the value of outputs
- Foster a continuous learning and growth culture
- Model an inclusive culture and guest mindset
- Proficient in powerpoint and excel
- College degree
- 5+ years Strategy, Strategic Planning and/or other related experience
- Working knowledge and/or experience with product & technology teams (desired)
About the Company
Target is one of the world’s most recognized brands and one of America’s leading retailers. We make Target our guests’ preferred shopping destination by offering outstanding value, inspiration, innovation and an exceptional guest experience that no other retailer can deliver.
Not provided by employer