About the Job
As a senior manager you will strengthen our nation’s democracy by helping federal agencies address consistent challenges around employee engagement that impede them from fully providing their services to the American public. To accomplish your work, you will have a range of responsibilities including training program and event facilitation, training material development, project management (including scope and budget management), internal cross-team collaboration, assisting in program design and external relationship management.
We are seeking an experienced project manager and facilitator to manage and deliver focus groups, retreats, workshops and seminars for federal executives and leaders. This position is ideal for someone with a strong program management background; can balance several competing priorities at once; excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; subject matter knowledge on employee engagement and demonstrated experience in relationship management.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver/facilitate seminars, retreats and workshops in an inclusive learning environment for federal executives and leaders in virtual, hybrid and in-person settings.
- Lead the management of complex, cross organizational programs and projects, including setting goals and objectives, establishing project plans, developing and monitoring budgets, and driving results through program implementation.
- Act as a thought partner in the design of the Partnership’s employee engagement content that will be delivered to external audiences.
- Identify and act upon lessons learned from session delivery to continuously improve programming.
- Analyze federal employee engagement survey and focus group data to make recommendations for improving employee engagement in their organizations.
- Lead and motivate internal project teams by identifying areas for individual and collective development.
- Maintain a deep knowledge of Partnership services to build and maintain strong relationships with federal partners, including supporting business development efforts by generating ideas and outlining potential offerings.
- Advance the Partnership’s mission, profile and brand by building and managing strong relationships with federal agency stakeholders, providing thought leadership on emerging topics, identifying potential areas of organizational growth, and developing prospective initiatives.
- Ability to facilitate custom employee engagement content.
- Excellent communication, analytical and writing skills.
- Collaborative, flexible, positive team-player able to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and able to organize multiple and varied assignments.
- Ability to lead project teams to drive results and impact.
- Organizational skills required to successfully plan, track and complete projects from initial conceptualization to the timely delivery of high-quality deliverables.
- Proven track record of exercising critical thinking skills and sound judgment.
- Ability to be customer-focused by cultivating and maintaining strong relationships with both internal collaborators and external stakeholders.
- Willing and able to work effectively as part of a team across the organization, sharing information and insights, brainstorming to solve problems, and effectively connecting the organization’s programming to our broader mission.
- Commitment to the values of public service and the mission of the Partnership for Public Service.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional work or military experience.
- Minimum eight years of experience implementing organizational change initiatives and/or facilitating leadership development workshops and training programs, including demonstrated experience facilitating for executives.
- Demonstrated project management experience, including scope and budget management.
- Prior experience working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes and produce requested outputs.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in human resources, public administration, organizational development, organizational psychology or a related field.
- Expertise in facilitating employee engagement and/or diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility content strongly preferred.
- Consulting experience or prior professional experience working with the federal government preferred.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY/REPORTING STRUCTURE
This position will report to a director. The senior manager may directly or indirectly supervise interns, associates, associate managers and/or managers.
This job operates in a hybrid (remote + office) environment in Washington, DC. This position requires consistent use of office equipment such as computer, telephone, printer and scanner.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position with regular work hours Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Occasional evening or weekend activities may be required. Please note that the Partnership offers flexibility in working schedules.
If travel occurs, it is usually during the business day. Some out of the area and/or overnight travel may occasionally be required.
About the Company
Partnership for Public Service
The Partnership for Public Service is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization dedicated to building a better government and a stronger democracy. We believe that our future and our democracy depend on our ability to solve big problems—and that we need an effective federal government to do so. For more than 20 years, we have helped make this vision a reality, helping our government—the public institution most fundamental to our democracy—address current and future challenges. Our staff is diverse in experience and perspective, but at our core, we share a lot of the same traits: we are mission-driven, creative, collaborative, optimistic and inclusive. Our work is strategic, fast-paced and guided by our values: Passion for public service and our work toward a more effective government People who promote a culture of learning, leadership, collaboration, inclusion and respect Persistence to drive change, take strategic risks and deliver results Promise to be trustworthy, nonpartisan and fiscally responsible We hire smart and friendly people who are great at what they do and good to one another in the process.
The starting salary for this position is $85,000 – $125,000. The Partnership offers a compensation package that includes a competitive salary; medical, dental and vision coverage; life insurance; long- and short-term disability insurance; a 401(k) program with a 4 percent employer match; opportunities for training and development; 15 days of annual leave per year, 10 days of sick leave per year, plus all federal holidays and the day after Thanksgiving off; and use of an on-site exercise facility.