About the Job
The Lead Professional Learning Facilitator builds knowledge, skills, and capacity of professionals to create policy, system, and environmental changes to improve health outcomes for children, youth, and their communities. The Lead Professional Learning Facilitator is responsible for all aspects of the design and delivery of high-quality professional learning experience for clients in the public health sector, school districts and school communities, community-based organizations, and/or nonprofits. Additionally, the Lead Professional Learning Facilitator provides technical assistance, follow up coaching, and individualized support. The Lead Professional Learning Facilitator is also responsible for resource development, policy review, and representing RMC Health at conferences and speaking engagements.
This position is a team lead. Responsibilities include monitoring budget and approving expenditures, funder/client relations, overseeing implementation of project deliverables, and supervising staff. This position will work primarily on a designated project or initiative. This project focuses on providing professional development and technical assistance to support the adoption, implementation, and evaluation of school health policies, programs, and best practices. This position will also support RMC Health’s collaboration with other statewide partners who are working toward creating a comprehensive system of support for districts and schools, and includes facilitation of collaborative work groups.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and facilitate complex and original skills-based professional learning
experiences for diverse audiences of varying sizes and background knowledge
- Design, deliver, and facilitate virtual and in-person trainings, including needs assessment, objectives, agenda, presentation materials, content and supplemental materials, all based on adult learning principles and innovative teaching and learning strategies.
- Co-design and co-present trainings with internal and external colleagues.
- Ensure that professional learning in all modalities are grounded in principles of adult learning, i.e. highly engaging, hands-on, relevant, culturally responsive, transferable, and actionable.
- Enhance/revise existing content and materials in the RMC Health training portfolio and design new trainings to meet client and market need.
- Build the capacity of clients to design and deliver professional learning including, crafting needs assessments, pre-assessments, training objectives, structuring the agenda, adult teaching and learning strategies, and training transfer techniques. Providing follow up support to trainers as they design and deliver trainings.
- Collect, analyze, and utilize qualitative and quantitative data to assess quality and impact of training, and inform future content and strategies.
- Provide technical assistance, resource development, and individualized support to build capacity and support implementation
- Provide tailored technical assistance and support to training attendees to maximize uptake of learning, transfer skills learned to the work setting, address implementation challenges and barriers, and promote implementation fidelity.
- Identify, modify, and/or design tools and resources, including best practices guides, implementation guides, slide decks, and tool kits.
- Assist clients in understanding how policy operates in practice and in specific contexts, and identify key levers and high impact points in their system(s).
- Advance RMC Health through stewardship and promotion
- Develop and maintain partnerships at a national, state, and local level, with agencies and organizations committed to health and wellness for children and youth.
- Participate in local, state wide, and national committees, task forces, and initiatives
- Prepare and submit proposals to speak and present at local, state, and national conferences.
- Present at local, state, and national conferences.
- Follow up with contacts and leads generated from conference and speaking engagements to generate business for RMC Health.
- Assist with drafting grant applications, scopes of work, and client proposals.
- Contribute relevant and engaging content for RMC Health’s blog and social media channels.
- Serve as an ambassador for RMC Health.
- Other duties as assigned/ needed.
- Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
A strong background in and knowledge of adult learning and a demonstrated
ability to work with diverse adult learners.
- Agility and creativity to develop, design, and deliver impactful learning experiences that include the use of needs analysis, facilitative and instructional methods, adult learning theory, and rigorous evaluation strategies.
- Experience delivering professional learning in multiple modalities, including face-to-face, synchronous and asynchronous e-learning, and peer networks.
- Ability to synthesize, analyze, and utilize training feedback to improve learning outcomes and delivery methods, meet client needs, and align with RMC Health’s overall approach.
- Familiarity with, and ability to incorporate, concepts such as health equity; health disparities; social determinants of health; risk and protective factors; Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child model; best practices; evidence based practices.
- Partner with all members of the organization in both strategic and tactical matters to further the mission and strategies of the organization.
- Maintain knowledge of best practice and emerging trends in training and facilitation.
- Superb written, facilitation, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong planning and execution skills, driven to produce on time, with excellent quality and within budget.
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple tasks with accuracy and respond to changing priorities.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of MacOS in addition to Microsoft Suite, including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, as well as Google Suite.
- You see obstacles as opportunities and you seek to provide solutions whenever possible.
- You demonstrate a learning mindset with a focus on continuous improvement and growth.
- You demonstrate a high level of emotional intelligence.
- You have an ability to hold multiple perspectives and the skills to foster relationships.
- You are able to accept and give feedback freely and honestly.
- You possess a team-based collaborative interpersonal style, effective with all levels of employees, partners, and clients.
- You are able to thrive with minimal direction and supervision in potentially ambiguous and changing environments.
- Master’s degree in relevant field with a minimum of two years’ experience; Bachelor’s degree with five years’ experience.
- Experience working in an educational setting (e.g. school, school district, state
education agency), public health, or nonprofit/community based organization.
- Significant knowledge and/or experience in school health, public health,
professional learning, or related field.
- Ability to travel, as needed, in-state and out-of-state.
This is a full-time remote position. Candidate must reside in the state of Colorado. Candidates must reside in the state of Colorado within one month of start date. Must be able to travel within the state of Colorado and nationally as needed for assigned projects. All travel costs associated with projects are covered by RMC Health.
About the Company
We believe that healthy young people are more successful in school and in life. That’s why we partner with passionate advocates for the whole child to help them improve their practice. Every day, we provide professional learning and capacity- building that helps wellness champions transform their knowledge and skills into effective school health programs and policies, so students of every background and identity can live their best lives.
Pay for this position is commensurate with qualifications and experience with a range of $65,000-$80,000 annually. RMC Health offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including medical, dental, and disability insurance coverage, 401(k) retirement saving plan with employer match, wellness stipend and a generous holiday/paid-time-off policy. RMC’s office environment is relaxed and a culture of accountability allows for significant workplace flexibility. Remote employment with the ability to travel when needed is acceptable.