About the Job
We are seeking a motivated design thinking professional with an insatiable curiosity about the future and emerging technology. The ideal candidate is a curious, collaborative individual who leads with empathy, takes ownership of engagements and has extensive experience creating and facilitating design sprints, co-creation workshops and future-focused, strategic working sessions.
This position resides within Enterprise Innovation at U.S. Bank. We promote human-centered design and bring to light the user’s perspectives, attitudes and behaviors related to emerging technologies, innovative solutions and long-term opportunities. We create and facilitate engagements with strategic partners (internal and external) that leverage insights and lead to actionable results for today and into the future.
The successful candidate will have a bias for action and a sense of urgency. They are a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, have a strong attention to detail and possess excellent communication skills. In this role, the candidate will wear multiple hats (facilitator, strategist, collaborator, influencer) and will use their knowledge, skills and experience with human-centered design to help the organization explore the future and create new business opportunities.
Specifically, the incumbent will:
- Create and lead actionable innovation workshops designed to solve the organization’s immediate and impending challenges
- Orchestrate scenario planning exercises to prepare for the future and its varied implications
- Refine and test a design sprint framework for answering critical business questions
- Partner with executive sponsors to co-develop roadmaps for existing, emerging and future products and businesses
- Advocate for the user in all engagements
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of product management experience
- Experience leading digital product management teams
- Experience working in an Agile framework
- Direct experience working on consumer facing products (prior fintech or banking experience not required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in design, HCI, or related field.
- Master’s degree in relevant field a plus
- 6-8 years of professional experience facilitating groups through strategic sessions designed to solve problems and/or explore opportunities using design thinking tools and other innovative methods
- Extensive knowledge of design thinking methods, practices and tools with the ability to customize approach based on the specific design challenge, strategic objective or opportunity
- Experience and comfort facilitating both in-person and virtual workshops
- Experience leading and engaging diverse groups of individuals (including C-level) through a series of exercises, discussions and activities aligned to a common goal
- Solid critical and creative thinking skills
- Has a strategic mindset and can interact with all levels of the organization
- Established track record in planning, facilitating, and executing strategically-focused workshops for C-level stakeholders, preferably in financial services
Innovative and passionate about design thinking, has proven experience and ability to structure and facilitate a variety of workshop formats and agendas designed for the problems to be solved, with clear and pragmatic directions to ensure actionable outcomes
- A strong user advocate, empathetic observer, communicator and seasoned professional who thrives in the intersection of technology, user insights and design
- Thorough knowledge of immersive and interactive methods (workshops, design sprints) for helping stakeholders and project teams understand the needs and experiences of users
- Experience applying design thinking and lean startup methodologies to ambiguous situations and on a variety of digital and non-digital projects
- Experience creating/refining user personas, ideating wide-ranging solutions and rapid prototyping
- Has an intellectual curiosity that inspires others around you
- Experience with online whiteboard tools, e.g., Mural or Miro
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
About the Company
At U.S. Bank, we’re passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country’s most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions.
Not provided by employer